October 5, 2009

Day Three

Saturday, October 3rd:

So it turns out that my mom and I didn’t end up going for a walk. She called one of the other families to see if we could come see their house on our walk and they said that a bunch of the students were going to go up on the Teleferiqo (which is like the hanging cab things that you can now take up to OHSU in Portland) and they were leaving really soon. So it was a total scramble to get to this house because I didn’t know where I was going or with who or what to bring, but my mom and brother were running around all rushed and telling me lots of things that I didn’t understand. But we got in the car and drove to Maura’s house (a girl in the ecology program) where I met up with Maura and two other people. The plan was to take the Teleferiqo, but it was really windy so we decided to take the bus up to La Mitad del Mundo (which is the monument that supposedly is at (0’, 0’) but is off by about 505m). It was pretty cool, there was other things to do there like an insectorium and little museums and shops. We got some good pictures, so it was pretty fun overall.


We rode the bus back to our neighborhood (the four of us that went all live in Jipijapa) and split up to go eat dinner with our families. Then everyone came to my house and we went down to “Gringolandia,” and no I am not kidding about the name, and went to a discoteca (which is like a nightclub). It was alright, but I was tired and think I would have had a better time just going to bed early.


No comments:

Post a Comment