October 26, 2009

October 25th:
So on Saturday, I went to a movie with my friend Leah. It was a pretty cool afternoon, we saw “The Ugly Truth” and it was pretty good. That night we went out to La Mariscal, which is the neighborhood with all the bars, but after we got there I started to not feel well and made it an early night.

Today, Leah and I went to a bullfight. Biggest mistake of my life. I thought bullfights were about the show…like how daring the matadors were and the narrow misses as the bulls try and gore them. They are not. It is a big animal torture and murder show with very little action by the matadors and lots of knives and swords and horrible burred weapons. Apparently they kill six bulls during the whole thing, Leah and I could only stomach one, and even at that I couldn’t watch any of it. It was absolutely horrible and upsetting. One of the matadors got gored really bad during the one fight we watched, and I suppose I should feel bad for him, but all I can think is that he deserved it. After all, he had a CHOICE to go into the ring. If I could only give one piece of advice to anyone in the world, it would definitely be NEVER go to a bullfight. I repaid Leah’s family for my ticket and we left and walked back to my house. After that upsetting start to the day, we went over to Lauren’s house and baked chocolate chip cookies. It was really fun and nice to do something like that with other people who speak fluent English. We also watched the notebook, which is not my favorite, but was still fun.
I am now at home ready to start my homework, but no one is here with me, and I have no idea where they are. Today was kind of hard as far as homesickness goes, but hopefully tomorrow will be better…love and miss you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment