January 14, 2010

Best. Day. Ever.

So today I went to school, and though it's better than last semester, still it's school and not that awesome. Except we were supposed to have 3 boring hour-and-a-half long lectures, but one guy didn't show, so we had free time all morning. Then we had nuggys (Spanish chicken nuggets) for lunch, so that was cool. Then after school, the real awesomeness started.

I decided that I was going to actually go do something instead of taking a nap after school, so I went to find the elusive Mr. Bagel. If you'll recall, Beto (our professor from last semester) told us of it's existence, but gave us the wrong address, so when we went to go there, we couldn't find it. So today, I looked up the address in the guidebook, and it was really close to the mall. So I went to the mall, and lo and behold, Mr. Bagel. I am now the proud owner of three bagels, and they are not half bad!!

Then, since it was rush hour and I was already downtown, I decided to try and find a bookstore with English books. So again, I consulted the giudebook, and took a taxi there. And oh my god it is the most wonderful store EVER. My new friend, Bill, is the owner and is from Chicago. And his store! There are MILLIONS of books, and ALL IN ENGLISH!!!!! It is a haven in this godforsaken city. I now own three new books and couldn't be more pleased.

Then on the taxi ride home, we drove past a Chinese restaurant called (seriously) Chifa My Fuk. And that made me laugh. Now I am home waiting for dinner, and then I am going to meet Kelsey at her house because we are going to go out with all the other students tonight. I don't really want to, but I feel like I should include myself in the group now and then. Tomorrow everyone but Kelsey and I have to go on a city tour, so I get to sleep in. Then on Saturday, I am going with some of the CIMAS people to Otavalo for the day.

I think that's all I did today, but it was still a lot more than all the other days!

No comments:

Post a Comment