January 11, 2010

First Day Of School

So today was the first day of school...

The day started off alright, until I got to CIMAS. Ana (the secretary who is young and speaks the best English) told me that she needed to talk to Kelsey and I (the two returning students). So then I was nervous because I thought we were maybe in trouble because usually Ana is really fun and likes to joke around. So I said that she should just tell me because I was nervous about what she had to say (even though I couldn't think of anything that I had done wrong), and she said that at the end of last semester someone from the Washington program had stolen a bottle of whiskey from the kitchen and until they found out who it was, they couldn't release anyone's transcripts...

Well I told her I had no idea because I left early that day to pack because my return flight was at 6AM, and I had to pack. Luckily at that point, Kelsey arrived and after being told what happened, she said that she knew who it was. So our transcripts should be sent soon. Thank goodness.

After that was the first Public Health class, and it was AWESOME! Everyone in the class is smart and knows what they are talking about and we have tons of field trips. I think I will like this program a lot more than the language and culture program.

Also, CIMAS finally hired cooks for us so now we will have lunch at school instead of having to go find somewhere to eat.

I like the new students that are here but it's a little overwhelming because there are so many (19 in my program alone!) and it's hard to remember everyone. But hopefully we will all be friends just like in the last group--and I suppose if we're not, then there are plenty of other people there to be friends with.

I also got an email from the travel agent today that said my return flight gets in at 5 instead of 9, so that's a nice change. It will be a shorter day of travel that way. I think that might be all I have to tell about school, we have a reader that I have to read like six chapters in tonight, so I suppose that I should sign off and get to it. Much love to everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment