January 17, 2010

Otavalo

Yesterday, we got up and took the bus up to Otavalo. I got what I needed and to my delight, when I was done shopping, so was everyone else. Since everyone was hungry after the market, we decided to find this "famous" pie shop there. We found it, the pie was expensive but pretty good. After that, we took the bus home. It was a pretty short trip, but fun and effective nonetheless.

When I got home I was going to take a nap, but then I remembered that the WSU scholarship applicaion deadline was fast approaching. I got online and did that, and then went down for dinner, only to discover that no one was home. I looked in the kitchen and found that not only was no one home, but that they had also left me with no food. But at that moment Kelsey called and asked if I wanted to go see a movie, and I told her that if we could go get dinner before, then I would go.

She suggusted a sushi place that she saw close to the theater, and that's where we went. And it was SOO good! It was more expensive than most food here, but for a non-Ecuadorian restaurant food, it was reasonable. And even if it was super expensive, it would have been worth it.

After that we took a cab to the theater and saw Sherlock Holmes, which was also really good. Overall, the day was more expensive than I'd hoped, but it was totally fun and totally worth it.

Today I am just staying home and preparing for tomorrow because we have our first trip. I think we are going North to Otavalo again, but we won't be going to the market, so it will be fine. I have some reading to do today and a diario to write, but other than that it will just be a lazy, relaxing day.

No comments:

Post a Comment