January 10, 2010

Saturday

Yesterday, I woke up and got ready, because supposedly my mom and I were going to meet one of the other CIMAS students who lives a block away. So when I went down, she was cooking lunch and said that we would go at 3. Ok, fine. So we had lunch (ceviche, yum) and then I went back upstairs to get ready to leave. When I came back at 3:05, she told me 3:30. Ok, fine. So then at 3:30, when we are supposed to leave, she calls these people. I thought it was to confirm, but no, it was to ask if we could even come in the first place! So we really had no official plans whatsoever, and I basically wasted the best (and safest) part of the day doing nothing. So instead I called Marlo and asked if I could bring the chocolate chips to her house (because I bought her some in the US).

Naturally, she said yes, and she also invited me to dinner. Yes. No catfood today!! So I went to her house and hung out, and then we had dinner (pizza, salad and breadsticks!!!!) and then watched The Princess Diaries. Awesome night, and STILL I am not sick!

When I got home (around 8:30), I came downstairs to tell everyone I was back, and my mom told me that we were going to go meet this new student at 10 the following morning. Again, fine. But then she apparently thought better of that idea and called them on the spot. They were home this time. So we walked over to this guy's house at 9 to meet this new CIMAS student.

His name is Joe, he's nice enough, but he doesn't know what program he's in yet. What?? Who doesn't know that NOW?! What program did you sign up for, Joe? Because the one you paid for is probably the one you're in. Duh.

After that I just came home and read a little in the weirdest book ever (The Shack, supposedly a murder mystery, but actually about god), and then went to bed. Today at noon (so probably around 1) we are leaving for a family reunion in Tumbaco, which is about 45 minutes outside of Quito. I am not super excited about this one, but still it's something to do. Hopefully we get back at a decent time; I really don't want to be there all day.

No comments:

Post a Comment