March 14, 2010

Saying Goodbye to the Jensens

I spent my last Saturday here with Marlo and her family, and I couldn't have asked for a better day. She called me on Friday and asked me if I would like to go to the park with them for a picnic the next day, and so of course I said yes. I got up and had breakfast with my family and then headed over to their house. When I got there, she was all packed up but told me that she was thinking of baking some cookies to take with us. So of course I encouraged her to make them (because her chocolate chip cookies are awesome), and she did. She also told me that the 10lb bag of chocolate chips that I brought her were almost gone. Wow. So she made some cookies and we went to La Parque Carolina for lunch. The kids brought their bikes and rollerblades, and so after we got done eating we walked around the park for a little while. After the picnic we went back to their house and hung out for a while, and she invited me to have dinner with them. And of course I accepted because I knew that anything she made would be a thousand times more delicious than anything we might have at my house, and of course I was correct. She made steak gorgonzola and a salad. It was fantastic. After that, I asked if I could use their Vonage phone to call home, and though my mom and Dana weren't there, I did get to talk to my dad, which was nice. After that I said my goodbyes to the family and headed home. It was sad to say goodbye, but the next time they are in Washington, we have plans to get together.

And so now I will be spending this day working on my portion of our 30 page essay, and after that I only have three days left. I am pretty much all packed up, so all I have to do is finish this program and I will be all done!

No comments:

Post a Comment